Lessons in Survival and Bushcraft for Teenagers without their gadgets.
Two Day Introduction to Bushcraft
This two day two night course is our intermediate course which has proven to be the most popular so far. No prior experience is needed for this course as it provides the beginner with a perfect entry for developing your wilderness proficiency and knowledge of the natural world. For those with some knowledge it allows you to practice and broaden your knowledge base in a safe and practical manner.
Subjects covered in the course will vary with the seasons but where possible will contain the following:
- Plant and tree identification and use.
- Finding and preparation of safe drinking water.
- Creating fire by various methods and participation in Fire by Friction.
- Camp Cookery preparing and cooking food over a fire.
- Cordage making from various materials.
- The principals of Tracking and Trailing finding and interpreting animal sign.
- You will experience a night around your own campfire with friends and other enthusiasts experiencing the sights and sounds of the forest around you, sleeping under your own shelter or in your tent.
Other Bush Craft Courses
A chance for the family to get out into a fantastic woodland environment and build a bow.
This course is open to all Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s entrants to learn Bushcraft skills in a secluded Ancient Woodland environment.
This one-day course is designed to introduce the concept of Bushcraft cookery and allow him or her to leave the woods feeling relaxed about preparing meals in the wild.
On this two day 2 night course we will introduce you and your child to the joys of the natural world. This course has been broken into short interactive chunks and as much fun as possible.
The aim of this course is to introduce you to the fundamentals of Bushcraft in a small group. The content of the course may vary due to the season.